Skip to main content

Small Business

Small Business Loans

Small Business Loans

The E-Community loan program is an entrepreneurial focused loan that is structured to help even the smallest start up or expanding company.  The Grow Neosho County E-Community Program provides these loans. This program embraces the entrepreneurial mindset, and its terms reflect this organizations understanding of the demands a new business experiences when getting financing. Loans are for up to $45,000 for 7-to-10-year terms.  Typical interest rates are around 2.75% but are typically set at 1.5 points below the Wall Street Journal Prime Rate.  However, for special projects needing additional funding, additional funds may be available to stack with these loans. This program is solely gap financing and can ONLY cover 60% of the total project costs.  The project must receive the remaining 40% of the funding from either conventional financing or one of the public loans listed above.

To apply for this program, contact Bailey Schwegman at the CRDA, at 620.431.5222 or

SEKRPC – Revolving Loan Fund. The CRDA partners with the Southeast Kansas Regional Planning Commission. The SEKRPC has a revolving loan fund for private enterprises, public and non-profit small businesses located within the 12 county region in which we serve. The application process will include the presentation of a business plan, the complexity of the business plan will be based on the project. The funding must support the creation or retention of jobs within the region. Project funding can be coupled with other loan programs or lending sources. Applications for RLF funding must be submitted with a $500.00 application fee to cover the miscellaneous fees incurred in the process of approval and closing. Repayment of RLF funds will be based on the cash flow of the business. RLF loans will be secured by the best collateral position available and can be subordinated. personal guarantees of the owner(s) of the business are required. 

Contact the SEKRPC for more information or a loan application for the SEKRPC RLF funds. Please submit applications to