In 2018, the CRDA launched the Downtown Revitalization Exterior Improvement Grant Program. This program offers façade improvement grants to businesses located in Downtown and Main Street Chanute.
Provide grants for façade improvements in Downtown Chanute.
- Preserve valuable historic resources in Chanute, many of which are economically distressed.
- Generate tangible economic benefits by increasing sales of local businesses.
- Demonstrate the power of coordinated small-scale façade improvements on Chanute Downtown buildings.
- Support the attraction of private investment in downtown by reinvigorating its image as the central location for business.
- Help Chanute retain local talent and recruit external talent through sustainable economic development.
- Spur economic growth in the community.
- Generate examples of successful façade improvement projects to serve as a resource library for local businesses.