Chanute Preschool Development Grant
The purpose of this grant is to aid licensed childcare programs with the resources and the support they need to continue to give outstanding care to the children of Chanute.
The goal of this grant is to help create additional childcare slots for children ages 0-3 and to expand non-traditional childcare hours before 7:00 AM and after 6:00 PM.
- This application must be fully completed and signed before it will be considered. An incomplete application may be delayed in processing.
- Two forms, the signed application, and completed W-9 are required. An incomplete set of forms may cause an application to be denied or delayed.
- Receipts will be required for all grants. When a grant is approved, a 50% payment will be made to the provider. The second 50% payment will be released once receipts are submitted. Alternative processes may be implemented in instances where the provider does not have the cash flow needed to make the purchase.
Eligibility for Licensed Providers:
- The provider/program must offer year-round, full-time childcare.
- Current providers must be licensed and in good standing with KDHE. A program not in good standing may access technical assistance and support but cannot receive grant funding until the program is found to be in good standing.
- The childcare program must currently have infants and/or toddlers enrolled (children under age 2 ½) or be seeking funding to expand care to infants and/or toddler.
- The applicant will provide a detailed listing of the materials that are being requested and how they will improve the quality of care provided.
- A list of allowable expenses will be supplied as part of the application process. Only items from the “eligible expenses” list provided by the Kansas Children’s Cabinet and Trust fund will be approved. Priority will be given to materials for infants and toddlers including toys and books, outdoor toys, smaller portable supplies and equipment, and child-sized furniture.
All money must be spent, and receipts submitted no later than April 15, 2021. All money will be awarded on a “first come, first serve basis”. Once the funds are gone, the opportunity will be closed for this grant cycle. The next grant year begins on April 29, 2021. Submit receipts to Kim Ewert.